EPIQ Media Pty Ltd ACN 636 728 624 (“EPIQ Media”)
EPIQ Media recognises and respects that your privacy is very important and that you are entrusting us with your personal information.
When you use our website, our social media or any other electronical devices such as mobiles telephones or mobile applications, we may collect your personal information. We collect and store this information about you to enable us to deliver the best possible service to you and others that are in similar situations to you.
By giving us your information, you are agreeing that we may use and process the information in the ways described here.
We are governed by The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and The Australian Privacy Principles (“APP”) which tell us how we must manage your personal information and how your personal information can be collected, used and disclosed.
What information do we collect?
We collect and hold personal information that helps us to contact you and identify you to enable us to provide you with the services you are seeking. We collect details such as, but not limited to, your name, telephone number, email, address, images, jobs titles, opinions, credit card details, Facebook details, Instagram details or any other social media hashtags, names, or details connected to you. This list is not exhaustive.
We may also need to collect other information from you from time to time to enable us to provide you with products or services to you.
You confirm and agree that when you access any website, Facebook page or Instagram page you may also be providing us with information about your location, internet provider, computer hardware browser type and operating system.
How do we collect information?
We may collect information by telephone, email, through our website, through our Facebook pages, through our Instagram pages.
This can be done through our online forms, questionnaires, when you download our free resources, when you tag our foundation or its associated companies, when you provide us with your story, when you sign us to be a member, when you purchase merchandise, when you make a query through our website or any other social media pages associated with us.
In the event you have provided us with inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you or those persons that have authorised you us their personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services that you or your authorised contact may be seeking from us.
Our website, social media and mobile applications may contain links to other websites or third-party hosted content. We ae not responsible for the privacy practices or such websites or third parties and they are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
What do we do with the information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our website. For example, we may use your information:
- To confirm your identity;
- To design, manage, price and provide our Platform and related services
- To provide you with information about our organisation, including information about our resources, events and merchandise and information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and maintaining and updating our records;
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To assess your application for work and volunteering opportunities;
- To assess your application for business and or sponsorship opportunities;
- To enable the performance of contracts with you;
- To respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- To procure and process a donation and provide you with a tax receipt;
- Minimise risks and identify or investigate fraud and other illegal activities;
- Carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve our applications, website and other social media
- Improve our service to you and your experience with us.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We will disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law, regulation, court order, statutory or public authority or to protect our rights and property.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Any third party that administers any facility, service or promotional operation via our website on our behalf;
- Our team members;
- Our professional advisors;
- Contractors or service providers who we have engaged or appointed to carry out or advise us with respect to our functions or activities;
- Any other parties with your express or implied agreement;
- To academic institutions, recruiters, screening check providers, health service providers, professional and trade associations, referees and prospective employers;
Will we disclose your information to anyone overseas?
We may disclose your information to parties overseas.
How can you access your personal information that we hold?
Subject to the exceptions as set out in The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) you can request to access your information and correct the personal information we hold about you by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. If a fee is payable for providing access, you will be advised of the likely cost in advance.
How can you make a Privacy Related Complaint?
If you have any questions in relation to privacy issues or wish to make a complaint about a breach which you believe we may have made of the Australian Privacy Principles or that way in which we handle your personal information, then please contact us by email on email@example.com. All complaints will be investigated and you will be notified of the making or a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as practicable after it has been made by usually within 30 days from the date of receipt of your email.
If you believe we have not satisfactorily resolve your complaint or if you believe we have not handled your personal information correctly, then you can contact
Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
SYDNEY NSW 2001
TEL: 1300 363 992